Monday, March 14, 2011

The Heart of a Man Plans His Way, but the Lord Directs His Steps

My beautiful baby boy is finally here! I cannot get enough of him.
Labor was an interesting process. I was induced at 41 weeks because there was some possible complications that could arise if we waiting another week before inducing. My body was not progressing enough on it's own, and my little baby boy was getting too big to wait.
I have always had a plan about how I wanted to do things. So, naturally, I had a birthplan written up almost as soon as I got that positive strip on the pregnancy test. The plan was to give birth naturally, no inductions, no pain meds, and no prolonged stay at the hospital. I wanted to be at home and "walk" the baby out on my own (this defined as waiting until the last possible moment before leaving for the hospital). But after my doctor told me that there was a good chance I would need a C-section if I waited to go into labor on my own, and after learning that my little Marty boy was posterior (face up, aka:an extremely painful labor), I knew my plans would have to be put aside.
We went in for the induction expecting that I would be induced at 6:30 A.M. which would help me efface, and at some point that day I would have a baby.
Well, the induction process started at 10:00 am, at 11:00 am I began to have intense contractions every minute, and at 2:30 I will still not effaced enough to do anything besides wait. I dreaded the Pitocin part of the induction because I had heard that those Pitocin-induced contractions were much more painful than normal contractions, and because I had not dilated to 2 cm I couldn't get an epidural...
To Be Continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment