Thursday, May 19, 2011

Listening to the Still, Small Voice

Today, I was thinking of a friend of mine who had a husband with a lot of ex-girlfriends. I know it's been really difficult for her. He had difficult relationships that ended badly and she was close to all of the girls involved. It was messy. She also had a relationship that ended quite poorly.
Now sometimes she has moments where she just can't get the thought of the time he spent with those girls out of her mind--and it hurts because she's jealous for those moments.
But the Lord is the great Redeemer. He has given her new moments with her husband. New moments that no one can take away from her.
She still wishes neither of them had wasted those first moments on people who weren't the right people, and if either of them had listened to the Lord about those past relationships then they wouldn't experience those brief moments of pain while remembering.
All of this has taught me to listen to that still, small Voice and to obey it. I don't want to waste moments that are intended for something better.
I am so thankful for my husband and the way the Lord orchestrated us to be together. He is the right person with whom I am to share all of these wonderful moments.
-JW

No comments:

Post a Comment